The development provisioning profile is the only provisioning profile that enables debugging on device. With this type of provisioning profile, you can run your apps only on the devices included in the provisioning profile and you cannot publish apps in the App Store.
You can create a development provisioning profile in the iOS Dev Center.
If you are using a Free Apple account, you can use the code signing assistance feature of Sidekick to automatically generate temporary development certificate and provisioning profile.
- Verify that you have a valid certificate for development created for your Apple developer account. For more information, see Create a Certificate for Development.
- Verify that you have registered an App ID for your app. For more information, see Register an App ID.
- Verify that you have registered at least one device with your Apple developer account. For more information, see Register Devices.
- Open iOS Dev Center in your favorite browser and log in.
- Click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- In the drop-down menu in the top left corner, verify that iOS, tvOS, watchOS is selected.
- In the left-hand sidebar, select Provisioning Profiles → Development.
- Click +.
- Select iOS App Development and click Continue.
- Select an App ID to associate with the provisioning profile and click Continue.
To be able to use one development provisioning profile across multiple apps, select a wildcard App ID, if available.
- Select one or more certificates for development to include in the provisioning profile and click Continue.
Only certificates for development are listed.
- Select one or more devices to include in the provisioning profile and click Continue.
- Provide a name for the profile and click Continue.
- (Optional) Click Download to download the provisioning profile.
- Click Done.
Now that you have created a development certificate and provisioning profile, you can Deploy and Test Your App on a Connected Device.