To publish an app in the App Store or to distribute it to a limited number of devices, you need to code sign it with a distribution provisioning profile. To create a distribution provisioning profile, you need a distribution certificate signed by Apple.
You can create a distribution certificate in the iOS Dev Center.
- Verify that you have created a certificate signing request and stored the corresponding
CSRfile on your machine. For more information, see Create a Certificate Signing Request.
- Open iOS Dev Center in your favorite browser and log in.
- Click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- In the drop-down menu in the top left corner, verify that iOS, tvOS, watchOS is selected.
- In the left-hand sidebar, select Certificates → Production.
- Click +.
- Select the type of distribution certificate that you want to create and click Continue.
- If you are enrolled in the iOS Developer Program, select App Store and Ad Hoc and click Continue.
- If you are enrolled in the iOS Developer Enterprise Program, select In-House and Ad Hoc and click Continue.
- On the About Creating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) page, click Continue.
- On the Generate your certificate page, click Choose File.
- Browse to the location where the
CSRfile for your certificate signing request is stored, select it and confirm the upload.
- Click Continue.
- (Optional) Click Download to download your certificate.