In the App Store you can publish only apps created with an App Store distribution provisioning profile. App Store distribution provisioning profiles do not contain provisioned devices. You cannot debug on device apps that are created with this type of provisioning profile.
You can create a distribution provisioning profile in the iOS Dev Center.
- Verify that you have a valid certificate for production created for your Apple developer account. For more information, see Create a Certificate for Distribution.
- Verify that you have registered an App ID for your app. For more information, see Register an App ID.
- Open iOS Dev Center in your favorite browser and log in.
- Click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- In the drop-down menu in the top left corner, verify that iOS, tvOS, watchOS is selected.
- In the left-hand sidebar, select Provisioning Profiles → App Store.
- Click +.
- Select App Store and click Continue.
- Select an App ID to associate with the provisioning profile and click Continue.
- Select one or more certificates for distribution to include in the provisioning profile and click Continue.
Only certificates for distribution are listed.
- Enter a name for the profile and click Continue.
- (Optional) Click Download to download the provisioning profile.
Now that you have created a distribution certificate and provisioning profile, you can build your app in Release configuration and publish the produced app package to the App Store. For more information, see Cloud Builds and Local Builds.