To help you get started with mobile app development, NativeScript Sidekick provides a selection of templates from which you can create an app.
The Angular & TypeScript flavor also contains the Enterprise Auth template. For more information about the enterprise authentication and how to configure it, see Using Enterprise Authentication.
Under the Industry templates tab, you can find industry specific templates. Currently, you can choose between two apps that leverage the Progress Health Cloud - Patient Care and Health Survey.
- Run the NativeScript Sidekick client.
- Click on the Create button or select File → Create.
- Select a Template Category.
- Select a Project Type. Applicable only for the General template category.
- Select a Template.
- In the App Name text box, type a name for your app.
- In Project Folder, click Browse to set a storage location for your app.
- (Optional) In the App ID text box, Sidekick has automatically generated an App ID (the unique application identifier of your app) in the format
- To enter your own App ID, disable the Automatically set App ID check box. In the text box below, type an App ID for your app. For more information about the App ID and how it should be structured, see Application Identifier in General Settings.
- Click on the Create button to create your app.