NativeScript Sidekick requires access to the internet to work correctly. If your Windows machine is behind a proxy server and you have not provided the correct settings to the NativeScript CLI, Sidekick will throw and error on start-up and become unresponsive.
When you are running behind a proxy, before you can launch and use Sidekick, you need to configure the proxy settings in the NativeScript CLI. For more information, see Configure Proxy Settings. If you do not provide a username and password while setting the proxy, you will be prompted to enter them when you launch Sidekick.
- Launch NativeScript Sidekick.
- Click on the settings icon, which is located in the top right corner.
- In the Settings view, select the Proxy section.
- Select the Manual Settings radio button.
- In the Proxy text box, provide the protocol, IP address and port of your proxy.
- (Optional) Enable Strict SSL.
- Click Save.