NativeScript UI is a free suite of rich and customizable premium UI widgets for building NativeScript apps. It is available for download as a plugin on npmjs.com under nativescript-pro-ui.
Continue reading about each component below or take them for a spin with the NativeScript UI sample app on GitHub.
The AutoCompleteTextView component (known as RadAutoCompleteTextView in code) offers suggested options to your users based on characters they type. It provides multiple means for easy customization and data management, including:
- Suggest modes - you can choose to show suggestions in a drop-down list, one suggestion at a time in the text input, or a combination of both;
- Two distinct display modes:
Plainin which only one item can be selected, and
Tokensallowing multiple selection of suggestions (each displayed as a token).
The Calendar component (known as RadCalendar in code) is a highly customizable native calendar abstraction that exposes a unified API, covering:
- Four different view modes -
- Inline and popover events;
- Vast control over styling and cell customization options.
The Chart component (known as RadChart in code) can be used to visualize data in a human-readable way through lines, areas, bars, pies, and more. Some features include:
- Wide array of accepted data types: numerical, string or
DateTimedata depending on the chart you want to visualize;
- Smooth interaction and zooming;
Various chart series options:
- Show trends with
- Compare sets of data with
- Illustrate proportions with
Donutcharts - and use
Spline Areacharts to plot data that require the use of curve fittings;
- Show relationships among values using
Bubbleseries, even use
Financialseries and indicators.
- Show trends with
- Annotations, tooltips, and trackball;
- Support for multiple axes.
The DataForm component (known as RadDataForm in code) provides an easy and versatile approach for building mobile forms based on a provided data object's public members. Use DataForm to:
- Bind a form to a data object with a single line of code;
- Take advantage of more than 15 built-in editors (or provide your own custom editor);
- Create groups of editors, allow them to be collapsed and style them;
- Display a form in
- Take control over collected data with built-in data validation - use a provided validator or create a custom one.
The Gauges component (known as RadRadialGauge in code) allows you to display the current status of a value within a range of upper and lower bounds, illustrate progress towards a goal, or a summary of a fluctuating metric. With the gauges component you may:
- Add one or more
RadialScaleinstances to your gauge;
Barindicators to visualize a range of values or a
Needleindicator to point to a specific value;
- Include ready-to-use animations for smooth transition effects.
NOTE: The professional ListView component is different from the ListView built in to the core NativeScript modules. Use the professional ListView if you need to take advantage of the advanced functionality listed below.
The ListView component (known as RadListView in code) is a virtualizing list component that provides the most needed features associated with scenarios where a list of items is used. Features include:
- Pull to refresh;
- Item animation when the user scrolls, and four out-of-the-box effects to choose from;
Staggeredlayout modes, allowing horizontal and vertical scrolling direction;
- Single and multiple selection modes;
- Smart defaults for many gestures: select on long press, execution of special action on swipe, reorder of items on long press and drag, refreshing the list on swipe, and loading more items only when needed.
The SideDrawer component (known as RadSideDrawer in code) allows you to follow a popular application pattern and show a hidden view which contains navigation UI or common settings. With SideDrawer you may:
- Embed any content inside the sliding panel from text and icons, to sliders and filters;
- Set the control to slide in from any of the four sides of the screen;
- Pick from a large set of polished out-of-the-box transition modes;
- Achieve programmatic control over the state of the side drawer;
- Choose to cover the navigation or action bar.